Cold Weather Tips
When weather-related issues or other serious situations occur, we work hard to keep our customers informed of how they may affect service. Safety is our number one concern for our customers and for our employees.
For the latest updates on possible service delays and interruptions please contact us at 763.757.7100 (call or text) OR email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Cold Weather Tips
These common winter weather factors may disrupt your regular service:
• Plowed snow blocking access to your trash or recycling container
• The snow or ice around your container is too deep, preventing our truck’s ability to access your container
• Steep hills or winding roads and or driveways that have become icy, making it difficult for our drivers to navigate
• Poor visibility
• Non-plowed areas preventing our drivers from turning around
• Your trash or recycling container has been covered or buried in snow and is not visible to our driver
• Your trash or recycling container has been placed on or behind a snow mound and is inaccessible to our driver
These tips will help ensure that your trash/recycling services run effectively during cold
• Keep the area in front and around your container salted and clear of snow and ice.
• Ensure all gates can be easily opened if your container is enclosed.(Commercial Customers)
• Driveways plowed, salted and sanded.
• Carts placed near the end of the driveway in a cleared spot. Within 1 ft of the street curb.
• Make sure carts are not in the street to help prevent the plow trucks from hitting the carts
Storm / Windy Weather Tips
These tips will help ensure that your trash/recycling services run effectively during the spring, summer and fall months:
• Check the weather report. If bad weather is approaching, wait until the morning of service and bring carts to the street curb by 6am.
• Make sure the lid is closed so the carts do not fill up with water.
• Make sure carts are 3 ft apart
• Cart handles should face the home