What Sizes Are Available for Roll-Off Dumpster Rentals?
Even though roll-off dumpster rentals don’t come up in everyday conversations, they’re prominently used by residents and businesses all the time. Whether it be for a home renovation project or for construction, roll-off dumpsters prove to be rather handy in a number of given situations where there’s a lot to clean up and nowhere to throw it away. Roll-off dumpster rentals are also available in various sizes depending on what you need them for. Here are the sizes you can rent, as well as some examples of situations you might need one:
40 Cubic Yard Roll-Off Dumpster Rentals
Construction sites are a no-brainer because they usually order the largest roll-off dumpster rental available – an enormous 40 cubic yard option. Renovations and remodels are also examples of projects that would need the largest roll-off dumpster rentals. The following list includes items typically thrown away in these situations:
• Roof shingles
30 Cubic Yard Roll-Off Dumpster Rentals
Homeowners who rent out properties often have to get a 30 cubic-yard roll-off dumpster rental when their tenants move out. Every once in a while irresponsible tenants can up and leave all their belongings behind, which makes a perfect excuse for a large rental as well. The 30 cubic yard roll-off dumpster is ideal for these small to large items:
• Large, bulky furniture
• Electronics such as plasma TVs, game boxes, laptops and desktop computers, DVD players, and so on.
• Anything left in the yard such as an above-ground pool, yard furniture, sheds, and outdoor toys like swing sets.
• Carpet, hardwood flooring, drywall, doors, and lighting fixtures that might have been abused.
20 Cubic Yard Roll-Off Dumpster Rentals
Roll-off dumpster rentals are available in very large sizes as well as smaller ones, which are still quite big. What goes in the largest sizes are typically large things like construction materials and furnishings. Examples of items you might need a 20 cubic yard roll-off dumpster rental include:
• Debris from moving out of a home.
• Spring cleaning or decluttering the house, basement, and attic.
• Home renovations including kitchen and bathroom counters and cabinets.
• New roof
15 Cubic Yard Roll-Off Dumpster Rentals
Of course, you’re not typically going to need a 30 or 40-cubic-foot roll-off dumpster rental for a larger family gathering or graduation party. You would consider the next size down – the 15 cubic yard roll-off dumpster rental. Other examples where you would need this size include:
• Event cleanup such as weddings, concerts, trade shows, family reunions, and neighborhood get-togethers.
• Horse waste. If you live on a ranch and have annual horse shows, you’ll need a removal technique for the less pleasant phase of the shows.
• Props. Those long shots of ships tied to a dock stacked with containers have to come from somewhere, so let us know if you need stage decoration, and we’ll be happy to help.
• Soil. This size is ideal for projects such as digging up a space for a pool, leveling off the property for gardens, fencing, or any other similar exterior home tasks.
10 Cubic Yard Roll-Off Dumpster Rentals
Finally, the smallest of them is the 10 cubic yard roll-off dumpster rental. Even though it’s the smallest, it can still hold a ton of waste and they can generally hold up to 70 33-gallon trash bags full of waste. If you’re spring cleaning or doing a small renovation project, then this size would be perfect for you.
What to Not Throw Away in Roll-Off Dumpster Rentals
As you would imagine, specific items require special treatment and must never go into a roll-off dumpster rental. Not only are the following items harmful to our planet, but they also are hazardous to all living things when thrown out in general waste. Remember to never toss these things into your roll-off dumpster rental:
• Paint, thinners, and lacquers
• Batteries of any kind, such as car batteries or lithium batteries.
• Car tires
• Hazardous waste such as motor oil, pesticides, medical waste, or automotive fluids.
• Any kind of epoxy, glue, or adhesive. They make things stick to the container.
• Household, boat, or auto-cleaning fluids
• Hot water tanks
• Air conditioners or the freon that goes in them
• Flammable waste
• Infectious or biohazardous waste
What Size Roll-Off Dumpster Rental Do I Need?
After going over our sizes and situations typically used for each roll-off dumpster rental, we’ve listed an easier reference below to figure out exactly which one you’ll need for your next event or project.
40 Cubic Yard Roll-Off Dumpster Rental: Used for construction and complete home renovation projects.
30 Cubic Yard Roll-Off Dumpster Rental: Typically rented for furniture, appliances, doors, floors, and lighting fixtures.
20 Cubic Yard Roll-Off Dumpster Rental: Designed to hold larger debris from moving out, big cleaning projects, or roof shingles and scraps.
15 Cubic Yard Roll-Off Dumpster Rental: Come in handy when you’re digging a place for a pool, or if you’re having a larger event and an average trash can isn’t going to do it.
10 Cubic Yard Roll-Off Dumpster: This is the perfect size for tossing daily trash out from an office, store, or even a spring cleaning project.
We hope you understand roll-off dumpster rentals better and what they can be used for on a daily, weekly, monthly, and yearly basis. If you have any other questions please reach out to us at LePage & Sons. We’re your local residential garbage service and commercial trash service. We also offer roll-off dumpster rentals, recycling pickup, and storage container rental.
Search local waste services near me in Cambridge, Isanti, St. Francis, Ramsey, and Andover.
55008, 55040, 55070, 55330, 55303, 55304